Everyone has their own stuffed shells recipe, but this is mine. I very seldom get a craving for a stuffed pasta, but when the craving hits it has to happen. These are cheesy & baked until bubbly & come out perfect. They’re also so easy to prepare. You can prepare them ahead of time & pop them in the oven when you get home, or take about 20 minutes to prepare them when you get home from work.
Servings: 4 (3 shells each) ● Points Plus:9
- 12 large pasta shells (make 14-16 because some will break)
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese + 1/4 cup for topping
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Handful parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Boil the shells in a large pot of water with a little olive oil added to the water. This will stop them from sticking together as much.
2) While they’re boiling, combine the ricotta cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, & egg in a bowl. Stir together.
3) Drain the shells. Pour a little marinara sauce on the bottom of a baking pan. Stuff each shell with about 2-3 TB of filling & line the baking pan with them.
4) Pour the rest of the marinara sauce over the shells & sprinkle the 1/4 cup of grated parmesan over them. Bake for 25 minutes & serve immediately.