This is a recipe that my future mother-in-law gave me & it’s one of my favorite things to make. It comes together so quickly & tastes better than alla vodka I’ve ordered in Italian restaurants. It isn’t too creamy, and the pieces of prosciutto give it a ton of flavor. Serve it over your favorite pasta or just dip some bread sticks in it. I like it both ways.
This sauce also makes an amazing pizza sauce. Alla vodka pizza is where it’s at.
Alla Vodka Sauce
Servings: 6 ● Points Plus: 6
- 24 oz marinara sauce (any kind you like)
- 1/2 jar of water (12 oz)
- 2 TB butter
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 TB corn starch
- 1/4-1/2 cup half & half - depends how creamy you like it
- 1/4 lb prosciutto, cut into small cubes
1) Melt the butter in a large sauce pan. When it begins to foam add the prosciutto & saute until it begins to get crispy. Add the vodka to deglaze the pan. Scrape up any bits, bring to a boil, and let the vodka reduce.
2) Add the marinara sauce. Whisk the 1 TB of cornstarch into half a jar of water & add to the sauce pan. Add the half & half. Simmer about 15-20 minutes.
3) Add the parmesan cheese, salt, & pepper. Stir & serve immediately over pasta.
*Note: The points plus are for the sauce only. Pasta & bread sticks will add points, but they’re worth it.