This is another recipe adapted from Gina’s Site. After I made these once I made them over & over. Gina uses drumsticks, but I only had chicken thighs in the house the first time I made these, so that’s what I used. I also remove my chicken from the pan while the sauce reduces because I like a very thick glaze. The results were so good that I never attempted this with drumsticks. These thighs go really great with brown rice & vegetables.
Asian Glazed Chicken Thighs
Servings: 4 ● Points Plus: 6
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 TB sriracha chili sauce
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tsp agave nectar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 TB chives
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
1. Brown chicken in a heavy large saucepan until browned on both sides. About 3-4 minutes.
2. Add water, balsamic, soy sauce, agave, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and cook on high until liquid comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes.
3. Remove chicken & set aside. Bring heat to high and allow sauce to boil & reduce down for about 8-10 minutes. It should start becoming a thick glaze.
4. Once the sauce begins to reduce and thicken (about 5 minutes in) add chicken back to pan. Continue to cook until the sauce coats the chicken. Once finished, transfer chicken to a platter and pour glaze on top. Top with chives and sesame seeds and serve.