I made these for Easter this past weekend. I always make some sort of chocolates or truffles for holidays, but I think these are my favorite so far. What’s better than pastel colors & sprinkles? I also made Oreo eggs. They’re just egg shaped versions of my Oreo truffles with pastel melting chocolates instead of white.
These look so pretty on a cake plate! Each batch makes about 30-35 eggs & you can use any color melting chocolate that you like. I chose to do pink, green, yellow, & white.
Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
You will need:
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus 1/2 cup on the side
- Melting chocolates. Figure at least 2 lbs, but assorted colors are nice.
- Bowls to melt chocolates in
- Toothpicks or lollipop sticks
1) In a bowl, combine the peanut butter & 1 cup of powdered sugar. Mix together & add the other 1/2 cup if the dough isn’t firm. This works best with refrigerated peanut butter.
2) Wrap dough in plastic wrap & refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3) Remove dough from freezer and line a baking pan with foil or parchment paper. Take about 1 TB of dough, roll into a ball, and then shape into an egg. Place on the baking pan. When all eggs are formed, place back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
4) Using one color at a time, melt chocolates in a bowl according to instructions. Using a toothpick or lollipop stick, dip a peanut butter egg into the chocolate & top with sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet. Just like with the Oreo truffles, don’t worry about making the chocolate perfect. The sprinkles will cover up any mistakes. Repeat with all of the colors & arrange on a cake plate!