Another recipe inspiration from Skinny Taste. Gina never fails!
I’ve never been to Bonefish Grill, but I’ve had Bang Bang Shrimp at a local restaurant near me & I loveeeee them. I don’t know if they got the idea from Bonefish Grill, but it doesn’t matter. At this restaurant they have a bit more of a slight buffalo taste & come with blue cheese on the side. The recipe I made is much creamier & I used large shrimp. Lightly frying them in a wok gave the shrimp a slight smoky flavor that was perfect with this spicy & sweet sauce. Serve these over rice with some of the extra sauce & a handful of shredded lettuce on top. The crispy cold lettuce goes really well with the hot shrimp.
Servings: 4 ● Points Plus: 7
- 1 lb shelled & de-veined large shrimp
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 TB canola oil
Ingredients for sauce:
- 5 TB light mayonnaise
- 3 TB sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
1) Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a bowl, whisk together & set aside.
2) Remove tails from shrimp, rinse, & set aside in a large bowl.
3) Combine the panko, cornstarch, salt, & pepper in a bowl. Toss with the shrimp, making sure each shrimp is coated. Some panko won’t stick to the shrimp, but that’s ok. Don’t worry if not all of the cornstarch & panko mixture is used.
4) Heat a wok over high heat. Add the canola oil & toss in the shrimp once hot. Toss the shrimp a few times until coated with the oil. Let cook 2-3 minutes, flip shrimp & cook another 2-3 minutes.
5) When shrimp are cooked, remove from wok & place in large bowl. Pour sauce over the shrimp & toss to coat. Serve immediately!