I know what you’re thinking. Pork chops AND bacon in one dish? That’s a lot of pig. I assure you this was great though. The pork chops stayed moist from the pineapple sauce & the bacon was the perfect salty against the sweet pineapples. This recipe came together very fast & bakes for about a half hour. I had dinner on the table in under an hour last night & that makes me one happy gal.
Pork Chops with Bacon & Pineapple Sauce
Servings: 6 Points Plus: 8
- 6 boneless, thick cut loin pork chops (about 2 lbs)
- 8 slices of bacon
- 20 oz can on pineapple chunks in juice (no syrup)
- 2 TB brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 TB cornstarch dissolved/whisked in 1/4 cup water
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Non-stick spray
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Partially cook the bacon so that it begins to crisp.
2) Spray each pork chop with non-stick spray & sprinkle each side with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Make a pan very hot & sear the pork chops. Place in one layer in a baking pan & top with the slices of bacon. Bake for 30 minutes, topping with pineapple sauce after 10 minutes.
3) While the chops are baking for the first 10 minutes make the pineapple sauce. Drain the juice out of the pineapple can & reserve. Pour the pineapple juice into a sauce pot & whisk in the brown sugar. Bring to a boil & simmer. Add the wine & bring to a boil again. Turn down the heat to a simmer & slowly whisk in the cornstarch mixture. You might not have to use all of it. Once you see the mixture begin to thicken & bubble, stop adding the cornstarch. Bring to a boil one more time & then pour over the chops.
4) Top the pork chops with some pineapple chunks & bake for the remaining 20 minutes.